You may receive the AideFi for your studies if the programme in which you enrol meets the criteria listed in Article 2(1) of the law of 24 July 2014, as amended, on financial aid for higher education.
- It must be a higher education programme of study (1st cycle, 2nd cycle, research programme)
- The programme of study must award a higher education diploma, qualification or degree
- The programme of study must fall under the higher education system of the country in which the qualification is awarded.
In addition, you may receive the AideFi for your professional development training provided that you have been authorised by the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth to undergo your professional development training abroad (Article 2(4) of the law of 24 July 2014, as amended). Apply for this authorisation in writing through the Department of Vocational Training at men.lu.
To receive a favorable opinion from the Department of Vocational Training (Service de la formation professionnelle - SFP) on the awarding of a student grant, the following criteria must be met:
- the vocational training must not be offered in Luxembourg;
- the course must be a full-time course offered at the school;
- the candidate must go 'abroad', where the term 'abroad' is considered with reference to their place of residence.
An official application, along with proof of enrolment and the training programme, must be sent by post to Mr Eric Bosseler, Deputy Director of Vocational Training, 29, rue Aldringen L-2926 Luxembourg.