Non-residents Belgium

Documents to attach for the basic grant

  • a copy of your ID card or passport
  • if you apply for the first time, a document stating your bank account details (RIB, “relevé d’identité bancaire”), which you may request from your bank
  • a final enrolment certificate issued by the given institution

Documents to be attached for the other grant modules

Enrolment fees

  • invoice that specifies the enrolment fees due for the current academic year/semester
  • proof of payment of the enrolment fees

Social grant

Competent offices:
Tax Office Luxembourg X, for non-residents taxpayers whose residence is in Belgium;

  • Recent household income certificate of parent(s) working in Luxembourg.
  • The income certificate is issued by the tax office competent for your place of residence and can be requested by e-mail.
  • If the income certificate indicates "not taxable by way of assessment", you must also provide:
    • Annual salary certificates, from Pension, Annuity, REVIS or Unemployment most recent.
    • For persons who are not taxable in the Grand Duchy (by virtue of domestic law or an international agreement), the annual income must be supported by documentary evidence duly established by the competent authorities.
    • Depending on your situation, other documents may be requested.

Mobility grant

  • a copy of the lease contract
  • a proof of payment of the rent
  • a copy of the mobility contract (only for the mobility semester or Erasmus+)

Documents to attach for residents of Belgium

Notification of the financial aid from the country of residence (allocations d'études)

You must provide us with the official notification (whether positive or negative) issued by the Belgian study allowances authorities for the current academic year (please send us both pages of the letter). Please note that the document “Details on your application”, which is available online to check your application status, cannot be accepted. You must provide us with the official and final notification sent to you by post.

French Community

Les travailleurs frontaliers résidant en Belgique doivent d’abord introduire une demande d’allocations d’études auprès des services de la Direction des Allocations et Prêts d’Etudes, dès le 1er juillet et jusqu’au 31 octobre au plus tard de l’année académique pour laquelle la bourse est sollicitée.

Attention : cette demande doit être introduite pour le 31 octobre pour les deux semestres (d’été ou d’hiver). Conformément à la règlementation belge, les demandes introduites au-delà de cette date seront déclarées irrecevables.

Vous pouvez introduire votre demande d’allocation auprès des services de la Direction des Allocations et Prêts d’Etudes via un formulaire électronique ou par voie postale.

Si vous introduisez votre demande via le formulaire électronique, vous recevrez instantanément un accusé de réception et un numéro de dossier dans votre boîte mail. Par courrier postal, vous ne recevrez l’accusé de réception (par voie postale) qu’après encodage de votre demande et cela, dans le courant de l'année académique.

Flemish Community

German-speaking Community

Certificate with the amount of family allowances or certificate of non-payment of allowances in the country of residence

To be able to benefit from financial aid, you must provide us with one of the following supporting documents from the competent Family Allowance Office in Belgium:

If you are a beneficiary of family allowances in Belgium:

  • a certificate indicating the monthly amount of child benefits received for the student. The certificate must be recent and show the amounts received as of 1 July of the current academic year

If you are not receiving family allowances from Belgium :

  • a certificate stating that you are not entitled to family allowances in Belgium and the reason for refusal

Family Allowance Offices in Belgium:

Household composition certificate

A recent household composition certificate issued by your town hall, which specifies every person living in your household.

Other documents that may be requested

Attestation of partnership

Certificate providing information on the results of previous academic years

  • After obtaining AideFi for four semesters in a first cycle of higher education, you must attach the results of all previous semesters (or a certificate issued by the institution) indicating the total number of ECTS validated in the programme in which you are enrolled (or other credits applicable in the country of your studies).

Last update