Non-residents Germany

Documents to attach for the basic grant

  • a copy of your ID card or passport
  • if you apply for the first time, a document stating your bank account details (RIB, “relevé d’identité bancaire”), which you may request from your bank
  • a final enrolment certificate issued by the given institution

Documents to be attached for the other grant modules

Enrolment fees

  • invoice that specifies the enrolment fees due for the current academic year/semester
  • proof of payment of the enrolment fees

Social grant

Competent offices:
Tax Office Luxembourg Z, for non-residents taxpayers whose residence is in Germany;

  • Recent household income certificate of parent(s) working in Luxembourg.
  • The income certificate is issued by the tax office competent for your place of residence and can be requested by e-mail.
  • If the income certificate indicates "not taxable by way of assessment", you must also provide:
    • Annual salary certificates, from Pension, Annuity, REVIS or Unemployment most recent.
    • For persons who are not taxable in the Grand Duchy (by virtue of domestic law or an international agreement), the annual income must be supported by documentary evidence duly established by the competent authorities.
    • Depending on your situation, other documents may be requested.

Mobility grant

  • a copy of the lease contract
  • a proof of payment of the rent
  • a copy of the mobility contract (only for the mobility semester or Erasmus+)

Documents to attach for residents of Germany

Notification of the financial aid from the country of residence (BAföG)

You must provide us with the official notification (whether positive or negative) issued by the competent German authorities (“Bafög”) for the current academic year.

Certificate with the amount of family allowances or certificate of non-payment of allowances in the country of residence

You must include a certificate from the competent Family Benefits Office indicating the monthly amount of child benefits received for the student. The certificate must be recent and show the amounts received as of 1 August of the current academic year. If you do not receive any family benefits in Germany, please provide us with a certificate that states that you are not entitled to family allowances in Germany and the reason for refusal.

Residence certificate

A recent residence certificate issued by your town hall (concerning your legal home address, not your student address).

Household composition certificate

A recent household composition certificate, which specifies every person living in your household (at your legal home address, not your student address).

Other documents that may be requested

Attestation of partnership

Certificate providing information on the results of previous academic years

  • After obtaining AideFi for four semesters in a first cycle of higher education, you must attach the results of all previous semesters (or a certificate issued by the institution) indicating the total number of ECTS validated in the programme in which you are enrolled (or other credits applicable in the country of your studies).

Last update