Depending on the field of study you have chosen or your academic results, you may be entitled to a private grant.
Grants offered by the Schmit-Dambach Foundation
- Amount: to be fixed depending on the number of grants awarded, max. €15,000
- Application deadline: 1 November 2021
- Eligibility requirements: Luxembourg nationals enrolled in the 2nd year of architecture studies at a university in Vienna, Zurich or Brussels
- Application to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com
The following documents should be included in the application:
- Copy of ID card
- Certificate of enrollment in the 2nd year of studies in architecture in Vienna, Zurich or Brussels
- Transcript of records of the 1st year of studies
- Motivation statement
- Curriculum vitae
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Architecture and Art
Grants offered by the Fondation Auguste van Werveke-Hanno
(under the aegis of Fondation de Luxembourg)
- Amount: 5.000 €
- Application deadline: 15 November
- New eligibility requirements as of the academic year 2021-2022:
- students residing in Luxembourg enrolled in a study programme (second year or higher) leading to a higher education degree in architecture or in one of the following disciplines: fine arts, advertising/multimedia, interior architecture/decoration, design.
For further information: email@example.com
Dr Robert Kraus Grant
- Amount: 2.500 €
- Application deadline: 26 février 2021
- Eligibility requirements:
- be enrolled in a second- or third-cycle course of study programme in general medicine at Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) or the University of Luxembourg
- be a resident of Luxembourg
- Application procedure: Applicants must provide a copy of their academic record and a personal statement in support of their application
- For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: Robert Kraus Grant
Economics, Finance and Law
Grants by the Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière
- Amount: to be fixed depending on the number of grants awarded
- Application deadline : 15 November
- Eligibility requirements:
- Be a Luxembourg national ;
- Study in Switzerland ;
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time in a study programme corresponding to the laws and regulations on higher education in the country where the degree is conferred.
Further information : ABBL
- deserving students
- family income not exceeding three times the minimum wage
- holders of a secondary school-leaving diploma delivered by the Luxembourg Ministry of Education, Children and Youth
Application deadline: 31 March
The National Research Fund (Fonds National de la Recherche – FNR) is the main source of funding for scientific research in Luxembourg.
European Mobility Scholarships
"Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions" (MSCA) offers scholarships to researchers at any stage of their career to promote trans-national, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility.
Luxembourgish Mobility Scholarships
The INTER MOBILITY programme provides an opportunity for:
- researchers working in Luxembourg to go abroad
- foreign researchers to come to Luxembourg
Financial support for students at the University of Luxembourg
Financial support options are available for students at the University of Luxembourg who are in financial difficulty.
More information is available on the University's website.
Incentive grants from communes
Contact your commune for information.
Primes d'encouragement des communes
Contactez votre commune pour obtenir les infos.